Patients who use a Medicare certified home health care agency have several rights regarding their care. The agency is obligated to provide a written cop of these rights.
If you are using a non-Medicare agency
Many non-certified home health care agencies have similar documents outlining their patients' rights and responsibilities.
- the right to choose your home health agency (If you belong to a managed care plan, the choice will depend upon which home health agencies your plan works with.)
- the right to have your property treated with respect
- the right to be given a copy of your plan of care, and participate in decisions about your care
- the right to have your family or guardian act for you if you are unable
- the right to make complaints to the agency or the State Regulation Agency about your treatment, care that's not provided or staff who show disrespect for you or your property